Meditation is a psychological approach to mental culture, mind training, and
• Meditation is a method and process of living in present and fully awakened
consciousness which is free from all mental obstacles.
• Meditation is a unification of skillful mental states.
• What fixes the mind aright, not dependent, unmoved, undisturbed, tranquillized,
non-attached, and make the faculty of concentrate rightly is called meditation.
• It is a process not allowing one’s mind to be bend by strong winds
• Meditation is comparable to unflickering flame of lamp behind the palace.
• Meditation is a state of undistracted and undisturbed concentration
on skillful object.
• When meditation accomplished the mind is dwelling on that object, it
overcome hatred on that object , then tranquility and peace is established .
• The even practice of mindfulness(sati) and energy(viriya) is meditation.
It is comparable to the evenness of oil in an oiled bowl.
• Meditation is to awareness on reality, to remove resentment, to make
the mind happy, to discard the hindrances, to gain freedom, to equalize, to
arouse concentration skillfully, to acquire liberation, to dwell in right observance.
To move from gross to subtle.
• Non-distractions is characteristic of meditation, its function is to
eliminate the distractions, it manifested on non-wavering, because being blissful
mind becomes concentrated, so its proximate cause is bliss. And etc,.
is not a Meditation(dhyana)?
•Singing is not a meditation
• Dancing is not a meditation
• Sleeping is not a meditation
• Prayer is not a meditation
• Doing yogasanas and pranayama is not a meditation
• Being emotional and act like baby or madness is not a meditation
• Doing self torture is not a meditation
• Doing unwise actions is not a meditation
• Doing black magic is not a meditation
• Being concentrate on worldly objects is not a meditation
• Just Contemplation is not a meditation, it is beyond to that
• Just relaxation is not a meditation, it is beyond to that and etc,.